If you watch TV or listen to the radio, you probably heard of a popular remote access program called GoToMyPC that allows you to remotely access and control your PC from anywhere in the world over the internet, just as if you were still sitting in front of your PC at your home or office. Of course there are many different brands of remote access software out there, but I needed you to understand the concept of remote access so you can see the power behind the business of remote computer repair.
Whatever a technician can do with control of your mouse and keyboard sitting in front of your computer, can also be done remotely over the internet. This includes downloading and installing any programs necessary to repair your Windows installation, such as for virus and spyware removal. Even so, most computer users in general have never considered “remote” computer services for their computer repair and maintenance needs. They are just accustomed to whipping out the Yellow Pages to find a local technician who can do house calls, or to carry it in to a local computer repair shop. While you might be internet savvy and use Google to find a few phone numbers to call around for the best deal, the same concept still applies – my place or yours.
As long as you still have internet access, remote computer repair is the most convenient way for you to get PC help when you need it the most. Remote computer repair also saves on gas and time so it is also the “greenest” option available for your computer repair needs.
Initiating Remote Repair
There are quite a few U.S. based, remote computer repair companies with English speaking, certified technician’s to choose from. Once you have made your choice, you usually initiate the remote computer repair service from their website by downloading and installing their remote access software. You will then need to make a quick online purchase for the service you are requesting, such as for a one-time repair or a recurring monthly payment for an unlimited amount of repairs, usually for a minimum 1 year contract. The prices vary from company to company, but it is quite affordable and probably much less than your pay for your cell phone.
Then you schedule the repair, usually right away, and grant the company temporary access to your computer using the software they had you install. It is quite secure, and once the work is complete, they cannot access your computer until you grant them access again.
- About 98% of problems can be repaired remotely.
- You don’t have to disconnect your computer to take it to a shop.
- You can observe the repair and watch everything that is going on.
- Unlike having a problem or question about your computer after bringing it home from a shop, and now you are on your own, with remote computer repair, the technician is right there with you, on your screen as it were to guide you.
- Some customers do not feel comfortable with a stranger in their house, or do not want to leave their computer at a shop. With remote repair, the technicians do not have to make a service call to your home or office because they can do most everything online!
- No need to schedule any service calls or wait for a technician to show up late.
- Most remote computer repair services are avail 24/7/365.
- If you subscribe to an unlimited repair package, you will probably use the service at the first hint of trouble rather than putting it off until the problem gets worse, averting costly repairs and downtime. variable